Friday, February 15, 2008

I am sitting with my father right now in the hospital. The hospital has a WiFi netword that I am able to use with my laptop. We are watching Wheel of Fortune. He is resting comfortably and is in good spirits. As a matter of fact I'd say he is probably more comfortable now than at any time in the last three weeks. If nothing else, the floor he is on in the hospital is probably the quitest place he has been in the last three weeks. It is certainly more quiet (almost silent) compared to the ER yesterday. That place was crazy and busy. My mother and I finally had to leave. We just couldn't take it any more. I hated to leave, but I had to. I just couldn't do it. I think the screaming guy that yelled "QUIIIIIITE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" did it. He certainly didn't help matters any.

These last three weeks have been tough and exhausting, but somehow my mother and I have been able to find strenght. A lot of that strength has come from our faith, but also from each other. It has been three weeks of ups and downs.

I do appreciate all the prayers that have been said on my father (Ernie's) and my and my mother's (Carolyn) behalf.

No comments: