Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wherein Your Faithful Narrator Discusses His Addicition to DVDs

Today I added to my dvd collection. I am a fan of Criterion dvd movies. Its something I never planned to happen, but happen it has. I have slowed down my purchasing mainly because I was buying them faster than I could watch them. Today, though, I broke down and bought Battle for Algiers. It is a movie that I have had my eye on for a long time. I watched part of it a few months ago and was quite intriqued, but I didn't finish it, but I decided that it should be one in my collection. But the price was a bit prohibitive. I just didn't have the scratch I needed, so I waited. The reason I have a Barnes & Noble Membership Card is that I can get a better deal with it than with my employee discount, I just have to be patient and wait for a coupon. The other day I got a 15 percent off coupon. I used that in conjunction with my member card and that helped bring the price down considerably. After thinking about it and doing some research on the film (thank goodness for the internet movie database! After reading about it I decided that it would fit nicely into my collection.

Here's to good cinema... *thumbs up*

The other day, I picked up the Indianapolis Colts' Road to Super Bowl XLI. I've been having a good time watching the last year's playoffs all over again.

No comments: