Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Break Time

I was told that I am suffering from "compassion overload" the other day. I was at work and talking to a co-worker and we got to talking about the news. A day or two prior the earthquake shook, rattled, and rolled Pakistan. The news coming out of Pakistan was bad. That's the only way to describe it. 20,000+ dead? I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that; I told my coworker that I found myself not really caring about it. She said she felt the same way, and that there is a "diagnosis" for something like that; i don't remember what she called it, but it was something like "compassion overload."

I'm sittin ghree in the library of IUPUI. I'm taking a break from reading things that have been put on reserve for one of my classes. Believe it or not library science reading is not very exciting reading.

No comments: