Sunday, August 05, 2007

Blessings

It feels strange to be done with school to be officialy done, not in an in-between-semesters kind of way, but honest to goodness, waiting-for-the-final-grades kind of way. I completed my course work for my masters of library science degree on Friday. As I walked out of the class and threw my arms in the air and grinned as big as I could a feeling of relief and contentment and not a little surprised-- I did it without doing myself harm. I was able to balance a fulltime job with fulltime school. I felt a little, as Dr. Voelz would of said, "Chuff." I felt proud of myself. It just felt good.

Now, I feel a bit weird. I've been taking the last couple days to get used to the idea that I don't have to be worrying about doing school work, or reading a text book, or worrying about what goes in what cataloging field. I'm getting used to having freetime. Its a weird feeling. That sounded strange, but it is a weird feeling. I can relax and enjoy a baseball game, like I am now (Mets v. Cubs). I can sit and watch a movie and not worry about the fact that I'm "wasing time" instead of "enjoying myself."

I am a man of cententment. I am man in the midst of blessings. I have a job I like, I accomlished a goal that I have had for 17 years. I feel great. It feels great. Life feels great. I am blessed, my cup runneth over.

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Congratulations, man. You should be VERY proud of yourself.