Thursday, January 05, 2006

Calvinball Anyone?

Over the past holiday season we had a contest at work. The contest was simply this: sell as many Discount Cards as possible.

Now, the trick was this: its tough to sell them from the floor, its not that hard to sell them (okay, yeah it is, but its easier) at the cash registers. So the "powers that be" came up with a solution. For every one we sold on the floor we got five points and every one that was sold at the cash register was one point. The first prize was a fifty dollar gift card.

At the beginning of the season we got the huge Calvin & Hobbes complete three book set w/slipcase and I immediately started jonesin on it. I wanted it, but I knew that at 150 clams I wouldn't be able to afford it, so I found myself working inordinately hard to win the above contest. Hey, fifty bucks is fifty bucks and I knew that the only way I could afford that set was with that gift card, so I became a selling machine. I actually kind of scared myself, I didn't know I was such a good "saleman," if you will. Long story short: I won. I have the little plastic gift card in my wallet and since tomorrow is payday Calvin and Hobbes will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

3 comments:

Kletos Sumboulos said...

I'm very tempted to violate the 10th commandment now. Calvin and Hobbes is where its at.

By the way, nice Waynes World allusion.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
And ok, I can see Calvin and Hobbes, but when there's Get Fuzzy treasuries available?
Come on, man!

jillymae said...

rock on, man! congrats, you pretendin to work for the man workin it for your own bonus machine ;)