Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankful

I am sitting here in the livingroom watching the end of the Lions/Falcons game. A quick look at the screen tells me that there are only 2 minutes and 21 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the Detroit Lions will be dispatched. I am not a huge fan of either team, but I am letting the Thanksgiving feast (courtesy of Cracker Barrel) settle. Sometime later on this evening we will be going to my cousins house for some "desert" and family time.

This Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for. My father is healthy, the Lord has been with im this year and the his doctors. My mother is healthy. My cat, yes even my little grey cat is healthy, too. He is laying on the chair next to me asleep the world.

I am thankful for being back in school and working on my Masters degree in Library Science and so far I am doing pretty well.

I am thankful for a job that I love doing and I look forward to go to work every day. I am particularly thrilled about going to work tomorrow and looking forward to the busy time of year that Christmas brings to the retail industry.

I am thankful for the knowledge of Jesus Christ and the faith I have in His promise of salvation.

Strange as it might sound I am thankful for this Lutheran Blogosphere. I have been challenged in ways I didn't expect (and this is a good thing) when I first got involved with it.

It is my sincere hope and prayer that all of you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving. May the Lord's blessing flow freely to you and yours.

Loofrin

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

A single guy eating Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving? I hope it was by choice and that you weren't lonely.
Polly, who wants to mother everyone.

loofrin said...

No, Polly, I ate with my parents. We went out for T-day. :)

Thanks for your concern. I do appreciate it.