Friday, April 11, 2008

In Which Your Narrator Bites His Cyber Fingernails

I had my second interview yesterday for the the Adult Services Librarian position. I think it went well, but I'm never really sure when it comes to interviews. It felt good and I think I answered the questions they asked me alright, but still, there's this little nagging feeling going on inside that scares me. Now, its a waiting game. I'll find out sometime next week if I get the job or not. I'm praying, but I'm trying to make sure I pray "Your will be done," not "my will be done."

I've been doing mental pro/con lists about the job. And the pros outweigh the cons significantly. There really aren't any cons. In the pro column is: four miles from home, paycheck would be much, much better than I'm getting now, its in my "field," I'm ready for something new. Those certainly outweigh the only con I can think of: "I enjoy bookselling." Yeah, I do, but that's not something I can live on.

So, I pray and hope. I have my fingers crossed and my hands folded, maybe it should be the other way around. I'm nervous.

2 comments:

ds said...

best luck, man.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

We're pulling for you. Keep us posted.