Friday, December 14, 2007

In Which Your Faithful Narrator Laments

I don't much like the job hunting process. I just don't. My self-confidence doesn't like it either. I feel a bit like I'm prostituting myself everytime I send my resume or fill out an application (I did both today). And forget about the cover letter. That really makes my head spin. I still think the best way to get a job is to walk up to the person in charge and say "I'd like to work here." Bossman says "Okay, you're hired." That would make life so much easier and my whole self-confidence thing would be much stronger, I think.

I applied for, believe it or not, a children's services librarian position today. Believe it or not, I'm not desperate, but I think it might be fun. I will keep applying until I find something. I haven't heard back from the IMCPL, yet, I have called them, but I left a message and the lady I interviewed with never called me back. I don't know if I should take that as a sign for good or bad. I'm leaning towards naught.

Onward and forward, right?

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

That's all we can do.