Thursday, December 06, 2007

In Which Your Faithful Narrator Gets Tagged by Winter Weather

I had a small accident yesterday morning on my way to work. I didn't hit any one or really damage the body of my car. Instead, I did a bit of a number on my front end alignment, to the tune $414.25. That is actually 24.74 cheaper than the original estimate. It was low impact collision with a curb that caused the damage. I was turning into the parking lot of the mall that I work at and as I turned my wheel my car slid (we had a snow storm yesterday that dropped about 2-3 inches of heavy wet snow). I wasn't going much faster than 10 miles an hour, or so. I know that I am supposed to "stear into the skid" but when there is only a foot or two of space between the time the skid starts and the car's tire bump the sidewalk there isn't much time for anything other than bracing for impact. It was a bit jarring, but I was able to continue driving okay.

After work I went straight to the Chevy dealer and had them look at it. I was hoping it was nothing more than a simple realignment (50 bucks) but it wasn't, obviously. As I drove it to the dealership there was a strange humming coming from the wheels and I had to keep my stearing wheel at a weird angle in order to keep my car going straight. The thing that really burns my biscuits is I just had my car's front end realigned less than three weeks ago! Gah! I guess I just can't win for losing, huh?

Here's what it looked like outside my window this morning:
outside 1

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Well, at least it looks lovely outside.