Wednesday, December 08, 2004

To Bloomington We Shall Go

I went to IU Basketball game tonight in Bloomington with a coworker. He has season tickets and he needed someone to go with him... hmmm, let me think about that for a second... pick me, pick me! It was a lot of fun, but the Hoosiers lost to Notre Dame for the first time in 13 home games. Neither team looked especially good, but IU looked horrid. I don't know a whole lot about basketball, but I can tell when a team just ain't clickin.

Here's a reason for the Texas Mick (aka mah-ROEN-eye) to roll up to Indiana someday: Irish Food. My coworker and I went to the Irish Lion for dinner. I had three pints of beer: a Guiness and two Bass Ales. They had these things called "yards" which were great big fluted glases with a big bulb at the bottom and a very long stem. Out waiter (who looked for everything in the world like a leprachaun) told us that a yard holds a little more then a pitcher of beer. I might of gone for it, but in the back of my mind I knew:
1. I was going to have to negotiate very steep, thin, concrete steps
2. once in my row at the basketball game breaking the seal would not be easy
3. Climbing over those in my row would be difficult at best and down right rude.

So I forewent the yard, but it is on my to-do list for sometime in the future.

1 comment:

Jason Maroney said...

texas mick says only a puss wouldn't have gone for the yard. but i just may have to swing up Indiana way. although i was in Indy for a mission trip and just yesterday saw COPS in Indy. i think they showed the exact area where we were working. some dude, was getting off work and 2 guys tried to rob him but the guy was like a black belt and he stomped one of them down and the wanna be robber was unconscious face down bleeding all over the parking lot - homicide was in route because the guy was likely going to die. i'm telling you - that guy (the stomper) looked like nothing. like you wouldn't think twice about messing with him but he tore this big ole guy up.
this has been my experience with Indy.
that and flying into ft wayne for big t's wedding.

but good irish beer and food...
that may be worth driving through Misery (MO) again.