Sunday, December 26, 2004

Mug 285

Today I did something that I have been thinking about doing for a while. I purchased a mug in Fox and Hound Mug Club. It was twenty-five bucks. The Fox and Hound is my northside watering hole. Its on the way home from work and a place for me to get a glass of suds. They serve beer three ways: bottle, 16 oz, and 23 oz glasses. I usually kick it with a 23 oz. Naturally, though, the 16 oz a bit cheaper then the 23 oz. Hence, my decision to get involved in the Mug Club.

Here's what I got for my twenty-five bucks:

-- One personalized mug (note: what that means is this: a white ceramic beer mug on which I scrawled my name with a Sharpy pen).

-- 23 oz mug of draft beer for the price of a pint (note: This is a good thing).

-- Free mug of beer on your birthday. (note: This is a good thing, too).

-- 1/2 price wings (note: this is a very good thing).

-- Lifetime membership.

My mug number is 285. I even have a little card to put in my wallet. I think that just about sums it all up.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

sometimes that's all you need.

a good sharpy pen will do wonders for one's posessions, i find. i've sharpied everything up.

but i know nothing about moderation. we've discussed this before.

haveaniceday.

Anonymous said...

Wow, blogger's pretty stingy. You either sign up or "post anonymously". Jeez.
Anyway, I've thought about taking the leap before. I too applaud your decision.
Happy New Year.

David
(quiet_writer, whatever)
SavanahB is fine and well. She says "hi".