Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Beginning of Slumber

There is a fat brown spider on the corner of our house. There is small "T," or maybe a cross on its back and underneath a small black patch with two little white dots. I haven't been able to figure out what kind of spider it is, though, I'll admit I haven't done a whole lot of searching, save for flipping through of a couple Audubon-esque guide books. I'm pretty sure it's not a Brown Recluse. Those have little fiddle-like markings on their back. This spide is also very "furry." I must find out what kind of spider it is. If I can I'll try and take a picture of it and post it here.

Speaking of posting, I shall post NYC pics this weekend.

This time of year is probably my favorite. I can already feel the slowing down of nature, the deliberate preperation for winter's great hybernation. The leaves and grass are still green, but the sky has started to turn that dull, gun-metal grey color that signifies the first vestiges of autumn. Within the next few weeks the trees will start to sprout their oranges and reds and yellows. I'll probably have two more good lawn mows before its all over and I'll have to rearrange the storage shed and put the lawn mower further to the back and make the snow shovels more accessable.

This fall I have commenced my 21st and 24th graduate credits. There is a light at the end of this graduate degree tunnel. I'm not a hundred percent sure I really want to do what I'm training to do, but I love the idea of having a Master's Degree-- it was a promise to myself about 16 years ago when I had my first "real job" as a dishwasher whilst I was high school. It feels good to have accomplished what I have so far.

I am continually amazed at how many blessings I have received over the last few years, but I am also very much thankful each one.

No comments: