Monday, March 31, 2008

In Which Your Faithful Narrator Winces at the Following Sentence: "Put This Medicinal Cream into Your Cat's Eye Twice a Day for Ten Days"

I took one of my cats to the vet today: Woody. He's about five or six years old, grey, and he must have some persian in him. He is shaped a bit like a square. He is short and squat, long haired, with a long bushy tail. His tail, in truth reminds me of a duster.

I took him to the vet today because yesterday I noticed his left eye was very teary and when he looked at me he would close his eye like it hurt. So, we took him this afternoon to make sure he was okay and to get his shots. He hadn't had his shots in a while. It turns out he has pink eye. Of course I was immediately worried that it would go from Woody to my other cat, Emma. But the vet told us that pink eye isn't usualy contagious between cats. That's good news for this simple reason: I've got to put a medicinal cream into his eye. Woody doesn't take kindly to medicine, period, let alone medicinal cream to the eyeball. The best part about all of it is this: I get to do it twice a day for ten days. Im so thriled I could spit.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Spitting is fun! Hope Woody is OK.

ds said...

I aint been around in a while. cat's etc. when I got the dog he had an ear infection. I blamed women. he seemed to agree. he's ok now. later.