Friday, January 04, 2008

In Which Your Faithful Narrator Gets Pimped by Herman Otten

I was leaving for work this afternoon. I was headed to the law library when my cell phone rang. It was Rev. Wookie, from New Jersey, a friend of mine from my "glorious time" at the, as I like to call it (for no particular reason) The Big House, in St. Louis. Its unusual for Rev. Wookie to call me, not unheard of, but a bit unusual. When he does call there is usually a good reason behind it. It more often than not has something to do with some idiocy that LCMS has done. So, when I answered the phone he said "Hey, Pnut, how's it feel be one of Herman Otten's favorite blogs?"

Naturally, I was a bit taken aback. I doubt very seriously that Herman Otten has ever read this blog and, if he has, I'm sure he probably didn't like what he read. What I assume is this: he found a blog roll of some sort of another, did some cuttin and pastin and published it in his little rag of a newspaper: the "Christian News."

Here's what House, M. Div has to say about Rev. Otten. I told my dad that I had gotten pimped by Otten's newspaper and he asked, in a somewhat concerned voice: "did he use your name?" No, just my blog name.

Now, I'm not tooting my horn because this blog was listed amongst others according to Rev. Wookie. I have to take his word for it because I haven't seen a copy of the Christian News since I left the seminary. Though, I do remember reading it when I was there because I needed something to chuckle over.

So, Lutheran bloggers, be quick! Find out if you, too, are a part of the Otten Faves. *chuckle* a dubious honor, for sure.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Well, I don't know who this Otten guy is, but I'm guessing this is an honor. Not to mention, he's probably never had his name and "pimp" in the same sentence... until now.

loofrin said...

I wouldn't call it an honor.