Monday, January 22, 2007

The Aftergame edition of the Indy Star
Indianapolis is a different city today. Indianapolis is officially on the map, now. That game last night was one of the most amazing and incredible football games I have ever seen. I am still shaking my head and asking myself "how did that happen?" Wow. A team just doesn't come back from an 18 point deficit against the Patriots. Okay, let me rephrase that, most teams don't do that. This is the Colts we're talking about.

When the Colts went down to 21-3 in the first half I will admit that I said the following phrase "That's game. Their done." But still... there was something there. I'm not sure what it was, but there was a feeling... and when they got that field goal at the end of the first half that gave me hope. I harkened back to the "Monday Night Miracle" when the Colts came back and beat the Tampa Bay a few years back during Monday Night Football.

Watching that game unfold was something to behold. I was riveted to the television. I literally was screwed to my spot.

That final run was a thing of beauty... I'm quite speechless to it all.

But now, Indianapolis is on the map and so is Peyton Manning.

This morning's edition

No comments: