Thursday, June 22, 2006

A non-rant directed towards the Goosesteppers and the Petters

I had this big rant in my head that I was going unleash here in this blog. It was all about the Goosestepping, my-way-or-the-highway "conservative" and the flighty, where-doth-the-wind-me-this-day "liberal" elements of this here LCMS. And how the center-of-the-road, leave-me-alone-and-let-me-worship guy that I am has grown tired of both.

I was going let loose a barrel or two of invective on those who are whining and pouting because their guy, whoever that might of been lost the last election for Synodical President and how much I wish they should shut their collective yaps, put their respective noses back into joint and hope they don't burn them on the ceiling lights and get back to the business of saving souls.

And after I got done with them, I was going to reload and let fly with some rhetorical buckshot on those that have worked dilligently to waterdown, campify, and P.C.-ify the Lutheran liturgy. I was going to be sarcastic in thanking them for that and asking if they might have a some more "I love Jesus" songs that I can sing so that I might do a good job of "petting" Jesus instead of worshipping him.

But, its late, I just got off of work and the frustration I had evaporated as soon as I got out of the car and got to stretch my legs a bit and I got thinking, "you know, why go there; you'll offend both sides and I just don't feel like dealing with either side."

So, I think I'll just put in my game six of the 1986 World Series DvD and watch as Billy Buckner flubs that ground ball. That's more fun any way.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I hear you on that one. I'm middle-of-the-road on a few important issues, and find my laissez-faire "let's all enjoy / worship / dance / sing our own way without hurting anyone else" attitude tends to somehow offend people on both sides.

Anonymous said...

I find it peculiar that your post seem less upset about those who water down (or piss on) confessional Lutheran doctrine within the Missouri Synod than those who do the same to the Lutheran liturgy.