Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My father had a close call today, I suppose. He has been complaining about a pain in his leg the last couple days and today it really hurt him quite badly. He decided he needed to go to the doctor, he made an appointment the doctor sent him to the hospital for an ultrasound (I thought they only did those on a pregnant woman's distended belly, alas, I was wrong) on his leg to rule out the presence of a blood clot. I am happy to report there is no blood clot, there will probably be a "follow up" (I think that's medical speak for "another 70 dollar doctor visit tomorrow"). This last year with my father's health has me and my mom on some pins and needles.

On my way home from work yesterday I saw a funny sign. There is a "discount tabacco" store on one of the roads I drive down. Its on a major intersection corner. The sign said this:

ALL
SMOKE
DISC UNTED


It took me a second to realize what it said. Somewhere along the line the "O" had either fallen off or not been put up to begin with. I'm not going to go too far with this, I just thought it was funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe

rebekah said...

damn yeah ... i'd be laughing ... but i'm immature :)

you knew that, though ...

ultrasounds are weird ... they feel weird, i mean. how's your dad ??