Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Feeling of "Ahhhhh..."

The election is over. Thank God. I have the same feeling right now, I do after a scary doctor's visit: relief. Its done and in the books. Obama, the Messiah, has been crowned and in a few months time he will ascend to his throne.

I have heard this today: "for the first time in my life I am proud of my country." Huh? I am proud of my country every day. While I'm not exactly pleased with the result of this election, it is great to see the day after an election peaceful. There might be a few hurt feelings, a maybe a raw nerve or two, but that's about it. There is no blood in the streets, no tanks, no soldiers. Walking around campus today it was quiet, subdued, almost. I think a collective sigh of relief.

I don't have much to say about things. I never really do, if you think about it. But the feeling of (I beg your pardon, I need to use an onomonopoetic here) "ahhhhhh..." is everywhere.

Now we can get on with the business life. The political brouhaha is, at least for a day or two, over. That chapter is done.

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Well, good luck to the president elect. What a mess he's inherited.