Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a blog of note

I just "rediscovered" a blog written by a friend of mine. Well, its not so much a resdiscovery as a going back and rereading it. But now that I think about it and reread the preceeding sentence I guess it is, in fact, a rediscovery. Never mind. Really, I'm just prattering on. This blank box does that to me. I feel like I need fill the box up with words; words that in reality are don't mean much. Ah, I digress. Can one digress when one hasn't even made an inche of verbal progress? No, probably not. So to use the word digression is in fact a falacy. See what happens when I rediscover the joys of blogging? I become like a little boy, perhaps like Randy from A Christmas Story bouncing around a brightly lit Christmas tree... never mind. I'll stop trying to be cute and witty; I'm neither.

Okay, honestly, though, I'm trying to be like Jeremy. Really, I am. Trying to be bring in cinemagraphic references. Jeremy's blog is the blog of note I am referring to in the above title. He's a learned fellow, steeped in cinema. He knows his stuff. Me? I'm a neophyte. Hardly worth listening to. So, go ahead. Read Jeremy's blog. You'll be glad you did. Honest.

1 comment:

Jeremy Nyhuis said...

Wow, thanks Karl! I feel quite honored by your post. As I told you, I hope to be more active in my writing this semester, so you've certainly now given me some good motivation.

And don't be so hard on yourself--you possess a lot more cinematic knowledge than most people I know. Your devotion to Criterion will keep you well-"read" on film history for years to come.

Take care, man.