Friday, July 11, 2008

Dentist

I had a dentist appointment this morning. I don't like going to the dentist. Never have, probably never will. I'm somewhat uncomfortable with people sticking their latex covered fingers into my mouth. My mouth is only so big and yet there's two sets of fingers, the dentist and his assisstant, pushing and pulling and poking. Its not much fun. The right side of my face, particularly my tongue is numb. My bone doesn't feel like bone so much as an old piece of wood. The dentist assisstant, a cute girl named Bonnie, described the feeling as "poofy." As good a description as any I suppose.

Whenever I go to the dentist I alway have two images in my head. The first is, of course, the sadistic dentist in Little Shop of Horrors. The other is the Bill Cosby doing his imitation of what happens when you've gotten your mouth numbed by novicaine. Funniest thing ever.

The tricky thing about going to the dentist is the afterdentist part. Getting something to drink is a bit difficult. The tongue being two sizes too big is another. And the third, at least for me, is the fear of biting off my lip, but that's the breaks kid, as they say. Thems the breaks.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Did you get a clean bill of dental health?

Moe Wanchuk said...

That dental chick poked the x-ray thing down my throat once....then I hurled on her.

Scarred me for life!