Sunday, September 11, 2005

Yeah, I'm Still Around

I'm being a bad Loofrin today. I worked late last night and I just couldn't get myself going early enough this morning to go to church. Eight o'clock is just too earl-eye inna mo'nin to go to church. The object when one goes to church is to get something out of it. To learn or be inspired. My eyes are barely open at that hour, particularly after I've worked the night before...

I've been a bit lax about writing in here. I'm sorry about that. I just haven't had much to say lately.

I was reading the Apology of the Augsburg Confession the other day and I must say I just started to chuckle. I could almost hear Malanchthon saying to himself "okay, how can I say this more clearly..." in regards to salvation through faith. And once I started going down that path I could see Melanchthon saying "well, maybe if I stand on my head, or wave a big flag, or hop around on one foot and shout it out "they'll" get it." I know that sounds silly, but that's the way it sounded to me. He kept hammering away at that basic theme. I've always thought that Book of Concord was a circular document-- that is it has the basic themes throughout its pages, but it makes big circles from a starting point back again hitting the same points, but as you go further into it the circles get bigger and the explanations get deeper. That didn't come out right...

Well, I have to get ready for work. No rest, or football, for the retail dogs.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

bad, bad loofie ... needs a spanking ...