Thursday, September 22, 2005

Away We Go, Again

With Hurrican Rita bearing down on the Galveston Island, Texas, I thought it might be a good idea to review a book that highlighted the deadliest hurricane in American History. It is an unnamed storm, that destroyed Galveston in 1900 and killed over 5,000 people. The book:
issac cover

I read this about five years ago, shortly after I started working for Barnes & Noble. I was living in Houston at the time and it was the 100th anniversary of the big storm. I picked up the book kind of a whim one day and I couldn't put it down. It was an amazingly good book. I recommend the book almot weekly, it was much better than this book (which in its own right is well, written, but I just liked Isaac's Storm better. Here is the other book:
white city">.

I just hope everyone get the heck out of dodge and that the hatches are battened.

No comments: