Sunday, January 06, 2008

In Which Your Faithful Narrator Finds His Mellow

I enjoy the soft light of a candle burning. There is something very relaxing and comforting to it. The subtle smell of burned carbon from the match, lingers. Emma watches the flame dance from her perch above my computer. A little red dot is in each eye, as the flame reflects. Jazz flows softly from my cd player. My feet and legs hurt from an eight hours shift of bookpushing. I want sleep, but I'm too wound up. I don't have caffine in my system, its the retail, its tough to sleep after a full shift of retail. I yawn, that's a good sign. A couple more of those and I'll be giving high fives to the Sandman. My window is open, cool air flows through. No wind, not even a breeze. I relax a little more, unwind find some peace. My feet tingle and talk to my calves. My calves relay the message.

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

This reminds me: I could use a nap!