Sunday, April 30, 2006

*breath deeply and sigh contentedly*

I went to church last night which was both a good and bad thing. One of the reasons I went to church last night was that this morning is confirmation Sunday and there will be 21 grade A-1 young Loofrins getting their "wings" as it were. I don't necessarily need to sit through that, that's probably very wrong on my part, but oh, well.

A good thing that came out of it was I was able to sleep in this morning. I didn't realize how tired I have been and that 10 hours of sleep I got last night felt absolutely wonderful.

I tried to watch some of the football draft to be cool like Dan the Miz-an over at Necessary Roughness but I discovered that I just don't care that much. Watching the NFL Draft is like watching slow drying paint dry... the second day is worse of all. The big headed sportscasters get too bigheaded and shwaffle... and my eyes roll around in my head. I sat through four picks and turned it off. I'll catch all the picks in the USAToday tomorrow. If you want my honest opinion, though, I think Reggie Bush will flame out in a couple years.

I am unabashedly reading books for fun at present. I have, I think, four books going right now. One of the books I'm reading right now is The Wort Team Money Could Buy. It's all about the 1992 Mets... I'd actually done a pretty good job of forgetting that team and sadness it brought me my senior year of highschool... oh, the horror, the horror... It has been fun reading for pleasure again and not feeling guilty about it and thinking I should be doing some school work right now.

But I don't have to do school work right now because the semester is over! Whoo-hoo... (sorry, I needed to do that).

On a sadder note, though, I must give my condolences to my friend 'Bek on the death of her mother after a long illness. Peace and blessings to you and your family,'Bek.

No comments: