Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oranges and Apples...?

I've become worried about my father. He is becoming emotionally involved in the New Orleans destruction. He admitted this morning that he woke up last night and had a hard time going back to sleep because it was on his mind. He got the same way with the aftermath of 9/11. It probably sounds horrible of me to be worried about my father worrying about things like that, but to be honest stress like that isn't good for him. He has various health problems that are exasberated by stress. He was in the hospital in November and he was put under heavy sedation. He went into a very deep sleep and the nurses said he was talking about going to meetings in his sleep. When he finally came out of his deep sleep we asked him about it and he said he was dreaming about being a part of the 9/11 commission. I banned him from viewing any material about that for weeks afterwards.

The difference between 9/11 and Katrina is there was absolutely nothing we could do about Katrina. We might of been able to stop the hijackers, but this nature force of a hurricane can't do anything about that except get the Hell out of dodge.

I still haven't been able to get in contact with my friend Brandon who is a pastor in the Lousiana. I can never remember if he serves near Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Either way I'm sure he got some serious hurricane action. I'm more worried about his wife and unborn baby. I hope they got out and got far away. Very far away.

I don't know. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the whole thing. Here I am, safe and sound and enjoying beautiful weather in Indiana and down south they are trying to figure out how to boil water without electricity and or dry wood....

*walks away and looks to the sky with one word in his mind "why?"

No comments: